Put your detective hat on – it’s time to crack the case of a boy’s missing father in Detective Pikachu, a unique adventure game filled with beloved Pokémon, only on Nintendo 3DS systems.
Publisher : Nintendo
Release Date : Out Now
Players : 1
Availability : In-store / Downloadable
Hear the gruff voice of the one of a kind Detective Pikachu and investigate the game below!
As Tim Goodman, you'll partner with a self-proclaimed "great detective" Pikachu to solve strange occurrences all over Ryme City. Together you must investigate, take notes, and meet up with other Pokémon to unravel the city's greatest mysteries!
Begin your investigation!
It’s been two months since Tim’s father mysteriously disappeared after investigating a wave of Pokémon-related incidents. After growing concerned, Tim heads to Ryme City looking for answers, only to encounter a talking Pikachu with a keen eye for solving crime.
Channel your investigative instincts to solve the many mysteries surrounding Ryme City! With Detective Pikachu by your side, you’ll need to gather evidence, talk to passers-by and solve a variety of puzzles to crack the case. Think you’re up to the task?
Helpful tips for the budding detective!
- Speaking to eyewitnesses is a great way to collect evidence – you never know what someone may have seen!
- It’s not just humans who can help, either – Detective Pikachu can talk directly to any Pokémon who might be at the scene. Try chatting to the Pokémon you encounter to get a completely new perspective of what may have unfolded!
- Always check your surroundings. You can often find interesting items, curious oddities and potential hints scattered around the environment that can help point you in the right direction. The more evidence you can gather when working a case, the better!
- Keep track of your clues and refresh your memory using the Touch Screen! Anything you discover during your investigation will show up in your Case List, along with character descriptions of witnesses you may have spoken to.
- Watch out for Pika Prompts! If you see a flashing icon on the Touch Screen, it means Detective Pikachu has something important to tell you.
- Rookie detectives can start their adventure in easy mode! A light bulb icon will reveal the next necessary step to progress the story, and provide you with the correct answers during a deduction phase.
If you tap the giant Detective Pikachu amiibo (sold separately), you can unlock chapter-specific Pika Prompts for all the chapters you’ve cleared so far. Detective Pikachu has plenty to say – whether that’s expressing his love of coffee, or providing more information on a case – you never know what you might have missed!
Check out the extra-large Detective Pikachu amiibo releasing along with the Detective Pikachu video game!